Lady Tunakaimanu Feilakepa is renowned and greatly respected for her traditional cultural knowledge in Tonga and across the Pacific. For one week in November 2011 Mrs. Fielakepa visited the museum to share her memories, knowledge and passion for Tongan traditions.
Travelling from Langafonua Gallery and Handicraft Centre in association with Langafonua ‘a Fafine Tonga (National Women’s Council), we were very honoured and privileged to have Lady Fielakepa visit the Miss Snell Collection. During her visit to the museum Lady Feilakepa contributed an abundance of knowledge on the collection and provided talks on the importance of traditional values for the NSW Tongan community.
Mrs. Tuna Fielakepa title referred to in Official Duties as Lady Fielakepa, she is the late Lord Fielakepa's of Haveluloto's Wife.
Mrs. Fielakepa was:
- Trained Teacher 1958-1974
- Education Administrator and Senior Chief Education Officer 1975-1997
- Chairperson Village Committees 1996-2010
- Chairperson of the National Council of Women, Langafonua ‘a Fafine Tonga 1998-2004
- President of the Pan Pacific South East Asia Women Association-Tonga 2008-2010
- President of the Tonga National Handicraft Association 2009-2012
- Technical Advisor, Tonga Girl Guides Association 2008-2012
- Technical Advisor, National Council of Women, Langafonua ‘a Fafine Tonga 1996-2013
- Langafonua 'a Fafine Tonga, National Council of Women Cultural Expert