Explore, the news and events magazine of the Australian Museum and Australian Museum Members, is published biannually.
Read the digital version of Explore here, or become a Member to have the print edition delivered to your mailbox.
Explore is best viewed in full screen. Click the frame icon in the bottom right hand corner of the window to activate.
Editor Alice Gage
Design Julie Stinson
Production Jenny Hooker
Views expressed are not necessarily those of the Museum.
- 4 - What’s on
- 5 - Welcome
Kim McKay AO
- 6 - Museum news
- 11 - New acquisition: A rock that is 2.5 billion years old
- 12 - Introducing the AM’s Climate Solutions Centre
Dr Jenny Newell and Dr Rebecca Huntley
- 16 - The ancestors of icons
Professor Tim Flannery and Meagan Warwick
- 20 - Kids’ feature: Burra
- 27 - New acquisition: Aoao Mo e Lōtaki ‘a Lātūfuipeka
- 28 - Future-proofing the koala
Dr Matthew Lott, Dr Greta Frankham, Dr Mark Eldridge
- 30 - Photo gallery: The making of Sharks
- 38 - Celebrating 50 golden years of Australian Museum Members
- 41 - New acquisition: A nest of new spider fossils
Dr Patrick Smith
- 42 - My Museum: Dr Val Attenbrow
Interview with Dr Amy Way
- 44 - Around the Museum
- 46 - Tributes