The first climate communications centre in Australia’s museum sector, the Climate Solutions Centre works to increase positive public engagement in climate change.
The Australian Museum (AM) has established a Climate Solutions Centre (CSC) to bring together cutting-edge research and insights from people on the ground to create ways of engaging broad audiences with climate solutions.
The CSC has commenced work (June 2022), upscaling the AM’s existing climate initiatives. The CSC team is reaching more people than ever with exhibitions, touring exhibitions, events, workshops, digital resources and school programs.
To bring people together to inform and inspire commitment to climate solutions.
To communicate powerful stories for positive futures.
To engage a wider audience for climate change through the AM’s outreach onsite, offsite and online.
Future Now regional touring exhibition with dioramas of sustainable landscapes, about the exciting ways Australians are taking action now to create the future they want. Touring from July 2022.
Mt Resilience, a virtual town to explore ways we can face fires, floods and storms effectively.
The Talbot Oration, an annual event bringing great thinkers and innovators to the stage.
An Advisory Group has been appointed, bringing together twenty-two of Australia’s greatest minds in climate solutions. The Advisory Group members will help guide and inform the CSC’s programs.
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Dr Gabriel Abramowitz - Climate Change Research Centre, UNSW
- Dr Jilda Andrews - College of Arts & Social Sciences, ANU
- Ms Nerida Bradley - GreenCollar
- Mr Russell Briggs – Australian Museum
- Ms Teri Calder - Impact & Partnerships, Factual & Culture, the ABC
- Dr Rebecca Colvin - Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU
- Ms Brownyn Darlington - Agscent Pty Ltd/Environmental Defenders Office
- Ms Lauren Drake - Pollination Group
- Mr Sam Elsom - Sea Forest
- Prof Tim Flannery FAA - Climate Council and AM Distinguished Fellow in Climate Change
- Dr Saul Griffith - Rewiring Australia; Otherlab
- Assoc Prof Melissa Hart - Climate Change Research Centre, UNSW
- Prof Kristofer Helgen – Australian Museum Research Institute
- Ms Christine Holman - Holman Industries; Metcash
- Dr Rebecca Huntley - 89 Degrees East
- Prof Brent Jacobs - Institute for Sustainable Futures, UTS
- Mr Tim Jarvis AM - The Forktree Project
- Ms Sara Judge - Walbunja-Yuin environmental scientist
- Ms Tishiko King - Groundswell Giving; Coral Sea Foundation
- Ms Tricia Lorenzo - Flow Power
- Ms Kim McKay AO – Australian Museum
- Dr Richie Merzian - The Australia Institute
- Dr Negin Nazarian - Climate Change Research Centre, UNSW
- Ms Blair Palese - Climate & Capital Media
- Ms Audrey Quicke - The Australia Institute
- Prof Peter Ralph - Climate Change Cluster (C3), UTS
- Mr David Rickards - Australian Environmental Grantmakers Network
- Ms Anna Rose - Groundswell Giving; Farmers for Climate Action
- Prof Veena Sahajwalla - SMaRT Centre, UNSW
- Prof Katerina Teaiwa - School of Culture, History & Language, ANU
- Mr Craig Reucassel - Writer; presenter