Discover even more by becoming a Member. Delve into the Australian Museum’s collections, join a vibrant community and support our groundbreaking research and cultural projects. Plus, get exclusive access to:
- FREE tickets to Ramses & the Gold of the Pharaohs for all adults listed on your membership*
- 25% off Ramses & the Gold of the Pharaohs tickets for any children listed on your membership*
There has never been a better time to become an AM Member.
*Member Tickets can be used for any available day and session time for the duration of the exhibition, except for between Monday 29 April – Sunday 19 May 2024. Please book in advance. Tickets are only available for Members listed on your Membership and must be redeemed in one transaction.
Your year-round member benefits include:
- Free and/or discounted tickets to special exhibitions
- 20% discount on programs
- Members-only previews, behind-the-scenes tours and other events
- Access to priority pre-sale for special exhibitions and AM events
- Exclusive access to the Members Lounge, with complimentary refreshments
- Members-only newsletter with special offers and giveaways
- 10% discount at the AM Shop
- 10% discount at AM eateries and pop-ups
- Reciprocal Benefits at: National Museum of Australia, Queensland Museum and SparkLab, Museums Victoria, South Australian Museum and Questacon – The National Science & Technology Centre. Details are below.
Plus, your Membership helps keep our doors open, advances our critical research, preserves our 21.9 million plus specimens and objects, and provides opportunities for community and educational engagement.
Join today and be part of what makes the Australian Museum extraordinary!
As an AM Member you have access to FREE and discounted tickets for Ramses & the Gold of the Pharaohs.
The Ramses ticket offer for AM Members is:
- An Adult Membership is entitled to 1 x FREE Adult ticket (valued at up to $52)
- A Concession Membership is entitled to 1 x FREE Adult ticket (valued at up to $52)
- A One-Adult Family Membership is entitled to 1 x FREE Adult ticket + 25% off up to 4 x Child tickets (valued at up to $86)
- A Two-Adult Family Membership is entitled to 2 x FREE Adult tickets + 25% off up to 4 x Child tickets (valued at up to $138).
Member Tickets can be used for any available day and session time for the duration of the exhibition, except for between Monday 29 April – Sunday 19 May 2024. Please book in advance. Tickets are only available for Members listed on your Membership and must be redeemed in one transaction.
To access your Ramses ticket offer – Existing Members*:
- Your unique Offer Code was shared with you via email from Tuesday 11 July 2023. Find the "Ramses - Your Free Ticket Offer" email from the Australian Museum Members team in your inbox, or call the Members Lounge on 02 9320 6225
- Visit the Ticketmaster Members Access website and select your membership type, enter your Offer Code and then choose your desired date and session time.
*This offer is available for AM Members with a membership that is current during the exhibition period from 18 November 2023 and 19 May 2024.
To access your Ramses ticket offer – New or Renewing Members:
- Buy or renew an AM Membership
- Wait for ‘Your Australian Museum Digital Membership Card’ email (this make take a few minutes to arrive)
- A unique Offer Code to book Ramses & the Gold of the Pharaohs tickets will also be emailed to you
- Visit the Ticketmaster Members Access website and select your membership type, enter your unique Offer Code and then choose your desired date and session time.
Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre
- Free entry*
- 10% discount at the Q Shop (excluding online purchases)
Reciprocal membership card along with photo ID will need to be presented at the desk to gain entry. Science Time (our offering for little scientists aged 3-6 years old) is also back up and running – also free for reciprocal members.
*Questacon Members, who reside within 150km of the AM would be excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits offered as part of the arrangement. AM Members who reside within 100km of Questacon would be excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits offered as part of the arrangement.
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop
- Discounted entry to Museum exhibitions
- Access to the lakeside Friends Lounge
- Free general admission (excludes paid exhibitions)
- 10% discount at the Museum Shop and Café
- Free general admission to Melbourne Museum
- Free general admission to Scienceworks
- Free general admission to the Immigration Museum
- Free general admission
- 50% discounted entry to special exhibitions
- 15% discount at Museum Café
- 10% discount at Museum Shop
- 20% off the museum entry and heritage train ride tickets at the NSW Rail Museum, Thirlmere
- 10% off retail prices at retail store in the NSW Rail Museum
*Please note that you must reside outside of the state you are visiting to be eligible.
Important note about reciprocal benefits:
Please note that you must reside outside of the state you are visiting to be eligible for any reciprocal benefits. Details specific to Questacon can be found above.
A. Your Membership
- AM Membership commences on the date of purchase and is valid during the period up to, and including, the date of expiry
- AM does not offer membership refunds for change of mind
- The AM offers several types of AM Membership as defined below:
Types of Membership
- Two-Adult Family - Up to two (2) nominated adults and up to four (4) nominated children (under 18 years). Only the named nominated adults and children can attend as part of this Membership.
- One-Adult Family - One (1) nominated adult and up to four (4) nominated children (under 18 years). Only the named nominated adults and children can attend as part of this Membership.
- Adult - One (1) adult (18 years and over)
- Concession - One (1) nominated adult with one of the following concession cards: Senior, Australian Government Pension (including disability support and aged), Centrelink Healthcare, Australian Veterans' Affairs, Student, or those residing more than 150km away from Sydney.
- AM Membership is a personal benefits program. Your Membership is not available for corporate or commercial use, for clubs, daycare centres or groups and cannot be on-sold, this also applies to the benefits you may receive from time to time as part of your Membership.
- Any past, current or future AM Members discounts, offers or promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other AM Members discounts, offers or promotions.
- A valid AM Membership grants the named members unlimited entry to the Australian Museum during normal operating hours. You must nominate children in Family Memberships to enjoy kids’ membership benefits.
- The AM reserves the right to amend terms and/or change Member benefits or privileges at any time, including discounts to its retail shop, onsite cafes / restaurants, events and exhibitions during your AM Membership, including suspending or revoking the Membership program in whole or in part at the AM’s discretion. If any changes are made, we will give you notice by email and/or by posting a notification on the AM website. AM is under no obligation to refund membership fees in whole or in part under this clause 7.
- The AM Members Team reserves the right to suspend a Member's benefit in whole or in part, or cancel a paid AM Membership without refund for any breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, Terms of Entry or Ticket Terms.
- By becoming an AM Member, you provide AM with your express consent to receive communications from the Australian Museum by post or email (to the addresses you have nominated) regarding:
i) your membership; and
ii) news, programs, competitions. events and offers at the Australian Museum and at any of our business partners.
- You may opt-out of receiving the things set out in clause 9 (ii) by using the unsubscribe function on any electronic communications you receive from AM or by contacting the AM Members Team to change your preferences. Opting out of these communications will impact AM's ability to provide you with the Membership benefits that would otherwise be available to you as part of Membership.
- If you have any questions about what personal information of yours is used or stored, you can contact the AM Members Team. Only the Member named on the account will be entitled to access their Membership information.
B. AM Membership benefits
- All entry to the Australian Museum is subject to our Terms of Entry .
- AM Members receive the following benefits:
i) Free and/or discounted access to Special Exhibitions (See section C for terms).
ii) Members discounts on selected exhibitions, programs and events.
iii) Access to the Members Lounge with complimentary refreshments. See section I.
iv) 10% discount at the Australian Museum Store including online.
v) 10% discount at the Australian Museum’s eateries.
vi) eNewsletter with special offers and exclusive giveaways.
vii) Participating reciprocal program (section G).
- AM Memberships are non-transferable.
ii) AM reserves the right to implement photographic Membership cards in future. In that event, AM will advise you via email and a notification on the website.
iii) Only persons named on the Membership may use it.
- Additional members may be added to an AM Membership provided the Membership type allows it. Should the Membership need to be upgraded, the Member may be subject to the full applicable Membership fee for that Membership type, and the additional Member will expire on the same date as the primary Member.
- The primary Member is responsible for ensuring the details of their AM Membership are up to date so that we can keep you informed about the program.
C. AM Member terms for accessing Special Exhibitions
- Special Exhibitions are limited season exhibitions which require a valid ticket for admission.
- All tickets are subject to the AM’s Ticket terms.
- Free Tickets to Special Exhibitions:
a) The AM reserves the right to include or exclude Free Ticket allocations for Special Exhibitions, for specific dates and specific times in its absolute discretion.
b) Free Tickets to Special Exhibitions are only available to registered Members on your Membership card for specific timed sessions and up to the set allocation for that day.
c) Free Tickets will be allocated as orders are confirmed online until exhausted for the day. Members must receive their booking confirmation email to claim their Free Ticket(s).
d) Members booking Free Tickets online will not be charged booking fees.
e) The number of Free Tickets that can be booked at any one time are limited to the number of registered Members in your Membership.
f) A valid Membership Card and ID must be presented at the entry to the Special Exhibition, with your tickets.
g) All bookings and attendance under this Free Ticket benefit are monitored. If Members abuse this benefit or fail to attend booked sessions two or more times during a 12 month period (no-shows), the AM may suspend the Member from booking Free Tickets for a period of time.
h) Members cannot bring a Non-Member to a Special Exhibition using Free Tickets.
- Discounted Tickets
a) The AM reserves the right to include or exclude Discounted Ticket allocations for Special Exhibitions, for specific dates and specific times in its absolute discretion.
b) Discounted Tickets to Special Exhibitions are only available for specific timed sessions and have limited allocations.
c) AM Members can purchase Special Exhibition tickets for the registered Members on their Membership at the announced discount to list price for any timed session where discounts are permitted.
d) Members are encouraged to purchase Discounted Tickets online prior to the intended day of the session.
e) Discounted Tickets will be allocated as orders are confirmed online until the allocation is exhausted for the day.
f) The number of Discounted Tickets that can be purchased at any one time are limited to the number of registered Members in your Membership.
g) A valid Membership Card and ID must be presented at the entry to the Special Exhibition, with your tickets.
h) Members cannot bring a Non-Member to a Special Exhibition using Discounted Tickets.
D. Concessional AM Memberships
- To qualify for AM Membership at a Concessional rate you must present the necessary proof of entitlement at the time of purchase and at any time while on AM premises where an AM staff member requests it.
Concessional AM Memberships
Concession type and proof of entitlement
- Student - A current and valid Student Card
- Pension (disability support and aged) - A current and valid Pension Card
- Seniors - A current and valid Senior Card
- Centrelink and Veterans Affairs - A current and valid applicable Card issued by Centrelink or Veterans Affairs
- Those who reside over 150kms of the AM - Must have a current and valid government issued photographic ID, for example a driver’s license.
E. Gift Memberships
- Gift Memberships are valid from the date of activation either by giver or by the recipient, for the duration of the membership purchased. For example, if 1-year membership was purchased, it is valid for 12 months from the date it is activated by either the giver or recipient.
- The AM reserves the right to cancel, without refund, any Gift Membership that has not been activated within 6 months of the purchase date.
F. Australian Museum Affiliated Organisations
- As an AM Member, when you travel interstate in Australia, you can access the following benefits with our Affiliated Organisations as set out below (benefits subject to change at any time by the respective Organisation and the AM makes no representation that the benefit will be available at the time AM Members visit the Organisation):
Affiliated organisations reciprocal benefits (subject to change at any time):
- Questacon – The National Science & Technology Centre ACT
a) Free general admission
b) 10% discount at the Q Shop (excluding online purchases)
c) Access to the Q Club Members Lounge
d) Questacon Members, who reside within 150km of the AM would be excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits offered as part of the arrangement.
e) AM Members who reside within 100km of Questacon would be excluded from receiving the reciprocal benefits offered as part of the arrangement.
- National Museum of Australia ACT
a) 10% discount at the Museum Shop and Cafe
b) Discounted entry to Museum exhibitions
c) Free daily tours
d) Free entry to the Tim & Gina Fairfax Discovery Centre for kids aged 0-6*
e) Kids free entry to exhibitions*
f) Access to the lakeside Friends Lounge
* Children must be on membership
- Queensland Museum and Sparklab QLD
a) Free general admission (excludes paid exhibitions)
b) 10% discount at the Museum Shop and Collectors Café
- Museums Victoria VIC
a) Free general admission to Melbourne Museum
b) Free general admission to Scienceworks
c) Free general admission to the Immigration Museum
- South Australia Museum SA
a) Free general admission
b) 50% off major ticketed Exhibitions
c) 15% discount at Museum Café.
d) 10% discount at Museum Shop
G. Australian Museum Members Lounge
- The AM is committed to the safety of our visitors and staff. Due to COVID-19, in addition to our Terms of Entry, access to the AM Members Lounge is subject to the following additional terms:
a) If you, or any one in your party, are feeling unwell we ask that you do not enter the Members Lounge but visit us another day
b) If you, or any one in your party exhibit signs of being unwell, we may ask you to leave AM premises.
c) The Members Lounge is cleaned regularly and hand sanitiser is available for use by Members on entry and throughout your visit.
d) Packaged refreshments, coffee and tea are provided as a courtesy for Members. Please only touch and take what you intend to consume and place crockery and cutlery in the areas set aside for sanitising on leaving the Lounge.
- Subject to capacity, as a Member, you may access the AM Members Lounge during the lounge opening hours.
- The AM Members Team, in their absolute discretion, may restrict your access or require you to wait to access the Members Lounge in order to manage Lounge capacity.
- You will need to have your AM membership card and/or photographic proof of your identity with you to enter the Lounge. The AM Members Team reserves the right to deny you access if they are unable to confirm your identity and/or current Membership details.
- AM reserves the right to close the Lounge, re-locate it or cease to operate the Members Lounge at any time.
- AM Members have access to complimentary Wi-fi in the Members Lounge subject to you accepting the terms of that Wi-fi service.
- The AM Members Lounge can become busy. It is a condition of entry into the Lounge that AM Members enter at their own risk. AM is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage suffered by AM Members while in the AM Members lounge.
- Smart, casual dress standards apply as a minimum at all times while in the Lounge and entry may be refused if customers do not meet that standard. Bare feet or clothing with offensive images or slogans are not acceptable. AM Members Team have absolute discretion to administer these standards.
- If you are asked to leave the AM Lounge or AM premises for any reason, you must comply with that direction.
H. Death of a Member
- AM Membership terminates automatically on the death of a member. AM will terminate the member's account on receipt of notification of the death of the member.
- Should the member be part of a family membership, the AM Members Team can re-allocate the membership/s at our discretion.
I. Survival of terms
- Section A Clauses 9, 10, 11 and 12 survive:
a) the termination of these Terms and Conditions under Section A clause 9; and
b) the termination or suspension of the AM Membership Program under Section A clause 7.
J. Ellaslist One Big Summer Promotion
- Offer valid from 15 December 2023 to 15 February 2024 (11.59pm). Expired deals will not be honoured.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers, or promotions.
- Offer valid for one-time use only (one offer per person).
- Offer not transferable and not redeemable for cash, credit, or toward previous purchases.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
What facilities are available in the Members Lounge?
Members enjoy exclusive access to the Members Lounge, with complimentary refreshments, relaxation and workspaces.
The Members Lounge has a small kitchenette with a microwave for bottle warming and reheating lunches. Tea and Coffee making facilities and free wifi are also available in the Members Lounge.
There is a library where Members can sit and read. Books are to be returned at the end of each visit. These will be sanitised before being returned to the shelves.
Bathrooms and Parents rooms with changing facilities are located nearby on Lower Ground for your convenience.
Are there Interstate Reciprocal Partner benefits?
AM Members can obtain extra value from their AM Membership with access to a range of benefits at Reciprocal Partners.
Please note that each Reciprocal Partner reserved the right to change the benefits and participation in the program at any time and the AM makes no representations that a benefit will be available when the AM Member presents their AM Membership to the Reciprocal Partner.
How do I change my personal details (address, email, phone number etc.) on my AM Membership?
Treat someone special to a Gift Membership
Give the gift of an Australian Museum Membership and unlock a whole year of wonder for a friend or loved one, including FREE tickets to Ramses & the Gold of the Pharaohs exhibition.Buy now
Contact the Members Team
Please contact the Australian Museum Members team to discuss your membership options: