On this page...
AM Ticket Terms
1. These Ticket Terms govern tickets issued by the Australian Museum Trust (ABN 85 407 224 698) trading as the Australian Museum (the AM, us, we, our) and our authorised agents and you in relation to all transactions between us and you as set out in clause 2.
2. You agree to be bound by these Ticket Terms and, when on our premises, our Terms of Entry which are incorporated and form part of these Ticket Terms each time you purchase or otherwise obtain tickets in person or online from us or our authorised agents for any AM ticketed events. We may impose other conditions of sale in relation to specific events, in which case you will be notified of these at the time of sale, including on our website with the information relating to the specific event.
3. The AM may vary these Ticket Terms from time to time by posting the updated Ticket Terms on our website. Any variations will only apply to tickets issued after the Ticket Terms are updated.
4. The AM is the only authorised ticket seller for events (including tours) at the Australian Museum, unless we specify on our website that there are other authorised ticket sellers for a specific event.
5. Tickets are valid only for the specific event, entry or tour for which they have been issued, at the specific date and time period stated on the ticket. Please ensure that you and your party arrive at the AM at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled session start time.
6. If your ticket is validated by another person for whatever reason, no further entries will be permitted in respect of that ticket.
7. If you attempt to duplicate or re-use your ticket for the purpose of enabling another person to enter the event or venue to which your ticket relates, we will cancel your ticket and you will not be admitted nor entitled to any refund or reimbursement. For the avoidance of doubt, any ticket that has been duplicated without our written consent is invalid.
8. We may require that you present valid identification and/or current AM Membership card evidencing that you are entitled to a concessional, free or discounted ticket. If you cannot produce the required identification following our reasonable request, we reserve the right to deny you entry to the event or tour as the case may be.
9. Unless authorised by us, you must not offer this ticket for resale (whether for a premium or otherwise) to any person by any means or use your ticket for any commercial purpose, including advertising, marketing and promotional purposes. If you do these things without our consent, we reserve the right to cancel your ticket without providing you with any refund and deny you or the holder of the ticket entry to the venue or event as the case may be. We may also report suspected fraud or scalping to the authorities.
Ticket prices and booking fees
10. The AM reserves the right to change published ticket prices at any time and the new ticket price will apply to all bookings completed after the change. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST if applicable.
11. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket(s) and that you own/hold or have the express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket.
12. Tickets to AM events are fulfilled through our third party ticketing platforms (such as EventBrite). Currently the AM does not charge a separate booking fee but third party online transaction fees will apply.
Refunds, exchanges and cancellations
13. Except as required under the Australian Consumer Law, and other than the circumstances in clause 14, we will not provide a refund to you:
a) if you have booked the wrong session;
b) if you have changed your mind;
c) if there is a change to your personal circumstances;
d) if you arrived late for your timed session; or
e) if you did not enjoy the event.
Please choose your sessions carefully as the AM is not able to accommodate changes of session if you have booked the wrong date or time.
14. In addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, we will provide you with a full refund or try to re-book you to a different time and date (subject to availability and the health of your group) in the following circumstances:
a) we, or the event organisers, cancel or postpone the event for any reason to a time and date you are unable to attend
b) we, or the event organisers, provided you with materially incorrect information regarding the event
c) you, or a member of your group, are feeling unwell and experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, a sore throat or fatigue, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, are required to self-isolate or has visited a known COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days.
Requests for refunds must be notified to us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled event commencing by emailing email@example.com or phoning the bookings office +61 2 9230 6222, quoting your booking confirmation reference number.
15. Requests for a refund that are made after your ticketed event commences will only be reviewed in exceptional circumstances and in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
16. In the event you or a member of your party fails to comply with these Ticket Terms or our Terms of Entry you and your party may be asked to leave AM premises. In these circumstances, tickets will not be exchanged or refunded, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
17. We may replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the scheduled start of your event. We reserve the right to charge a replacement fee. We may not replace tickets if we suspect fraud, scalping or a breach of these Ticket Terms has taken place.
18. You are responsible for any third party transaction fees incurred with any refunds or change of tickets. Those transaction fees will be deducted from the refund or may be charged to you.
Liability and indemnity
19. Unless required under the Australian Consumer Law, we are not responsible for any ancillary expenses (such as travel, accommodation, parking or childcare) that you may incur as a result of any cancellation, or rescheduling of an event. You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of your service providers and consider ticket and/or travel insurance to cover such ancillary expenses.
20. Except for any liability under the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded, we exclude all other liability to you (howsoever arising), to the maximum extent permitted by law. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including under the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of the Australian Museum is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
21. We are not liable to you for any injury, loss or damage you incur to the extent that your breach of these Ticket Terms or your negligence caused or contributed to that injury or loss. You hereby indemnify the Australian Museum, our employees and contractors (AM Personnel) for any loss or damage the AM Personnel may incur as a consequence of your breach of these Ticket Terms or your negligence.
23. In addition, when you arrive at the Australian Museum, you will be required to provide your personal information for contact tracing purposes as required by NSW government health directives. This personal information is collected by NSW government and managed in accordance with their policies.
24. If any part of these Ticket Terms are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, those terms will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Ticket Terms remain in full force and effect.
25. These Ticket Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
25% Discount Off Australian Museum (AM) Special Exhibition Tickets
- This offer is valid for Westpac Bank customers and staff only.
- Westpac Bank customers and staff are eligible for a 25% discount on the list price* for Australian Museum Special Exhibition tickets in accordance with these Westpac Reward terms. Until further notice, General Admission to the Australian Museum is free.
- To claim the discount, use your Westpac debit or credit card or staff ID card to pay for your tickets in one of two ways:
a) In person - present your Westpac debit or credit card or staff ID at the Admissions Desk on the day of your visit and the discount will be applied; or
b) Book in advance online - by using the special promotion code for this offer and the discount will be applied at checkout and your electronic ticket issued to you.
- Present your card for verification - You will need to present your Westpac debit or credit card or staff ID card together with your electronic tickets when you enter the Special Exhibition for verification. If you do not produce the relevant credit/debit or ID at the entry to the Special Exhibition (for any reason), the AM reserves the right to deny your party entry or require that the difference between the discounted price and the applicable list price is paid before you are admitted.
- Discount is limited to 10 tickets per transaction.
- Sessions are timed so please arrive at the Australian Museum at least 20 minutes prior to your session.
- All tickets are subject to the AM Ticket Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is not redeemable for cash.
- This offer is not valid for Australian Museum Memberships, Group Bookings or other programs and events.
- Westpac Rewards terms and conditions are subject to change.
- Offer is valid to 15 December 2021
* Online transactions are subject to third party transaction fees.
Group Bookings Terms and Conditions
Separate terms and conditions apply to AM Group Bookings.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Australian Museum Members access discounts to the Museum Shop, cafes and have other unique benefits.