On this page...

The information provided here is the Lizard Island Research Station's interpretation of permitting requirements as they apply to work at Lizard Island.

This is provided as a service to the Research Station's users, but it is not a definitive document. For definitive information about commercial activities permits, contact:

Commercial Activities Permits Officer
Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service
PO Box 2066
Phone: (+617) 4052-3092
Fax: (+617) 4052-3080

A commercial activities permit is required for commercial projects, including filming or photography, that will use any part of Lizard Island National Park other than the Research Station's lease. Commercial activities that take place in the marine environment do not require a commercial activities permit, but they may require a Marine Parks and/ or Fisheries permit.

Application for commercial activities permits must be made on the appropriate form, available from the Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service.