Celebrating the letter E - for Excellence, Equity and Eureka!
Last Wednesday night, we celebrated the launch of the 2016 Eureka Prizes with a panel discussion - the Trailblazers of Australian Science - at the Australian Museum. Over 100 Eureka Prizes Ambassadors including prize winners, judges, sponsors, supporters and friends, joined us to officially launch the 2016 program.
We were treated to a dynamic and engaging panel discussion with Eureka Prize winners and trailblazers of Australian Science, which was hosted by The Science Show’s Dr Robyn Williams AM, and covered a diverse range of topics including gravitational waves, equity in science, mentoring, perfect data, excellence and the important role that museums play in public engagement of science.
Our panelists for the evening were:
- Dr Phillip Urquijo, University of Melbourne
- Professor Emma Johnston, UNSW
- Professor Maree Teesson, UNSW
- Professor Terry Speed, Walter and Eliza Institute for Medical Research
- Dr Rebecca Johnson, Australian Museum Research Institute, Science and Learning
The event was recorded for an upcoming podcast – stay tuned for more information!
You can also see the social feed for the event on our Storify.