Hot Science Global Citizens 2011 Symposium
Climate change is an environmental, cultural and political phenomenon that is reshaping the way we think about ourselves, our societies and humanity’s place on Earth.
This symposium presents the research findings of the Australian Research Council International Linkage project, Hot Science, Global Citizens: the agency of the museum sector in climate change interventions along with other leading research to develop new knowledge about what constitutes effective action around climate change, the critical roles that institutions can play and visions for the future of museums and science centres. The second day will feature an ‘unconference’ session to tease out innovative programming ideas and engage participants in discussions.
Invited speakers include:
- Professor Mike Hulme - School of Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia, UK
- Elaine Heumann Gurian - International Museum Consultant
- Dr Emlyn Koster - CEO Liberty Science Center, USA
- Professor David Karoly - Climate Scientist and Public commentator
- Giles Lane - Director, Proboscis, London, UK
- Tara Morelos - d/Lux/MediaArts
- Declan Kuch - Australian Youth Climate Change Network
For more information and to register go to the Symposium page on the Hot Science website.