Join the Mission to Help Planet Earth
Prepare for a great adventure as the Sydney Science Trail gets ready for children across the country (5-15 years), and their adult friends and teachers, to join the mission to help planet Earth.
For one month (15 August – 15 September), the Australian Museum and the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney are collaborating to create an exciting and interactive virtual science experience for National Science Week 2020 and beyond.
Sydney Science Trail is a free digital quest jam-packed with interactive games, live-streamed talks, explosive science shows and virtual tours from world-class scientists and researchers.
Explore the depths of the ocean previously unseen, discover the incredible resilience of the Australian bush when faced with fires, and gain a unique understanding of First Nations’ approaches to science and the world around us.
The virtual expedition traverses many vital areas of science, from plants and animals, to earth, technology and space, showcasing the best of Sydney’s science and research.
The Sydney Science Trail school program, created in partnership with the NSW Department of Education, presents a unique opportunity for teachers and home-schooling parents to engage their students in the exciting world of scientific research. Let students discover the fascinating powers of adaptation and more, in an interactive, curriculum-linked, virtual classroom.
This initiative is supported by Inspiring Australia as part of National Science Week, an annual celebration that excites the inner-scientists in all of us.
Sydney Science Trail is supported by media partner, ABC Radio Sydney.
Register for the Sydney Science Trail mission today and be among the first to receive the expedition program later this month.
Join at www.sydneysciencetrail.net.au http://sydneysciencetrail.net.au
What: Sydney Science Trail
When: Saturday August 15 to Tuesday September 15 2020
Where: Online at www.sydneysciencetrail.net.au
Amber Forrest-Bisley, Publicity Manager E: email@example.com M: 0405 363 817
Aaresh Madon, Communications Advisor E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0431 420 959
Jania Jones, Communications Assistant E: email@example.com M: 0413 057 358
Sydney Science Trail Producing Organisations:
- Australian Museum
- Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Sydney Science Trail Partner Organisations:
- Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
- Inspiring Australia
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
- Macquarie University (MQ)
- NSW Government (Department of Education – DART Connections)
Sydney Science Trail Media Partner:
- ABC Radio Sydney
Sydney Science Trail Participating Producers:
- Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Education (NSW Government Department of Education)
- Creative Science
- Deadly Science
- NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Eaton Gorge Theatre Production
- Fizzics Education
- Frog and Tadpole Study Group NSW
- Inner West Library
- Jackson Eather
- Joint Academic Microbiology Seminars
- Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS)
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- Parks Australia, Canberra
- Sydney Institute of Marine Science
- Taronga Zoo Sydney
- UNSW Centre for Ecosystem Science, School of Biological, Earth & Environmental Science