IBM EdTech Youth Challenge Conditions of Entry
In order to participate in the Challenge, teams must comply with the IBM Rules and Regulations. Teachers will be asked to read the Rules and Regulations before registering for the challenge.
Challenge Conditions of Entry:
- The Challenge is free entry and open to secondary students between years 7-10 studying at schools in Australia and its territories (as defined by the Australian Government). Students that are educated at home in accordance with the relevant state or territory legislation are also eligible to enter.
- Entries may be submitted by an individual student or a team of no more than six students. Entries comprising more than six students are ineligible.
- If an entry was created by more than one person, it should be entered in the appropriate category for the oldest member of the group.
- Teams must ensure that all content in their film is their own. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to secure permission from any third-party owners of content included in their film, including footage, music and images. IBM and the AM take no responsibility for any failure by an entrant to obtain the necessary permissions. Films found to contain unauthorised content will be disqualified.
- By submitting your entry, you give the IBM, Australian Museum and Macquarie University a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use and reproduce your entry in whole or in part for the purposes of the IBM EdTech Youth Challenge 2021 or the purposes of the AM more generally.
- Teams must participate in the Awards Ceremony in November 2021
- It is also a condition of entry that each individual student and team agrees that, in the event they are Winners, any cash prize will not be awarded to them personally, but to the Winners’ school for the sole purpose of investing in equipment and programs which foster ‘Design Thinking’ and stimulate student engagement in Artificial Intelligence and related STEM disciplines.
- All costs, fees and expenses of attendance incurred by Participants will be covered at the sole discretion of the Participants’ school. Costs, fees and expenses not covered by the Participants’ school are the sole cost, expense and responsibility of each Participant.
Challenge entry documentation:
- Completion of an AI Project Logbook and a video, and any associated materials (including all content, ideas and concepts included therein) constitute an Entry into this Contest and are all required (as applicable).
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format via the online entry system: https://ibm.ent.box.com/f/27ff94978f3e4c91ab94d28947e26ce0
- File names should be in the following format: School name_year_class_teacher surname_team name.PDF
- Videos should address the problem and the team’s solution. They should be no longer than 3 mins in length and submitted in .mp4 format. A display resolution of 1280 x 720 will be accepted but 1920 x 1080 is preferred (aspect ratio of 16:9). Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and share the URL in your Project Logbook. If the video is private, please include the password with the link.
- Entries with incomplete sets of supporting documentation will not be considered. Submitted material will not be returned. Hard copy entries will not be considered unless there has been a prior agreement in writing.
- Each team is responsible for making sure their entry is complete and accurate. If the IBM and AM consider that the team has provided false or misleading information we may not progress the team’s entry.
- If IBM and AM finds an error or information that is missing, we may ask for clarification or additional information from the team that will not change the nature of the entry. However, IBM and AM can refuse to accept any additional information from the team that would change the submission after the Entry Deadline.
- If, at any point, entry documentation is found to have included false or misleading information IBM and the AM reserve the right to deem your entry ineligible, this could include retrospectively deeming a finalist or winning entry ineligible.