Learning stageStage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3
On this page...
- Spiders have blue blood (haemolymph)!
- Spiders 'hear’ using tiny hairs on their legs. They can even detect vibrations from your voice.
- Spiders breath using book lungs.
- What do all spiders have in common?
- What are some other types of arachnids? How do spiders’ bodies differ from other arachnids?
- Research your own spider and describe its adaptations and how they help it to survive.
The Wolf Spider is a hunting spider that chases after its prey. It has very good eyesight. The downloadable poster below is a diagram of a Wolf Spider with a description of its main body parts.
Students can read our spider factsheet and complete the diagram by matching the text to the correct body part.