Museum in a Box is available for set three week loan periods and can be sent to any educational institution across Australia.
Students examine some of the issues related to land ownership and control and the impact these have on land rights. It also examines the ways in which First Nations people obtain, process and use their food resources. It will also help students to understand:
- the different methods of tool making
- the variety of techniques that are used to find and collect food
- the creative way First Nations people respond to diverse conditions and environments
- Scats and tracks activity boards
- Replica archaeological peel of a midden
- Replica hand tools
- Language map of Australia
- Large map of New South Wales
- Significant Sites postcards
- Significant Sites activity card
- Information panels
- Teaching resources
A charge applies to loan the Museum in a Box program for 3 weeks. This charge covers booking, handling, maintenance and freight of the box to and from any school or education institution. Please ensure you read the risk assessment before you book. A tax invoice will be sent after you book.
$110 (incl. GST) per box for NSW regional schools, PSFP schools and NSW age care facilities.
$154 (incl GST) per box for Greater Sydney postcodes; 2250 - 2260, 2500 - 2526, 2555 - 2573 & 2745 - 2770
$182 (incl. GST) per box for Sydney Metropolitan schools and interstate organisations.
The Australian Museum applies the designation of Sydney Metropolitan to schools with postcodes up to and including 2234.