It’s been too long!
We can't wait to welcome you back to the Australian Museum on 28 November 2020.
Help us continue to keep our guests and staff safe by following these guidelines during your visit:
Buy tickets to our major exhibition, Tyrannosaurs – Meet the Family, in advance. Tickets are limited and timed entry to allow for safe distancing in the gallery. General admission is not timed and AM spaces will have some capacity restrictions.
Stay home if unwell
If you have cold or flu symptoms, have recently returned from overseas or have been in contact with someone from a COVID-19 hotspot, we ask you to please stay home.
On arrival at the Australian Museum, use your phone to scan the QR code and enter your details for contact tracing.
Our cloaking room is closed and large bags will not be permitted.
Wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser provided throughout the Museum.
Give some space
Maintain physical distancing – stay at least 1.5m apart, stand on the markers when queuing and observe the capacities of each room.
We’re also doing our bit to keep the AM a safe space for everyone. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- We’re cleaning our facilities frequently throughout the day with hospital-grade disinfectants by dedicated, trained team members
- We’re providing masks to staff
- We’ve installed protective screens in places such as cafés, shops and information desks
- The seating provided in our museum has been spaced in line with NSW government requirements
- Some digital touch screens and hands-on exhibits will be switched off or closed, others will remain available with hand sanitiser nearby
- COVID-19 marshals will be on duty to ensure social distancing and COVID Safe measures are observed.
Prices for admission to the Australian Museum (AM) can be found on the Admissions page.
Thanks to the NSW Government, general admission to the Australian Museum is free for adults and children for a limited time. Please note this does not include entry to the major exhibition, Tyrannosaurs – Meet the Family.
To make your visit as seamless as possible, guests attending Tyrannosaurs – Meet the Family are encouraged to book their tickets online. Entry is timed and capacity is limited.
General admission is not timed and visitor calculations have been made for each area of the Australian Museum, meeting the 4sqm regulations. COVID-19 marshals will ensure limits are not exceeded in gallery and exhibition spaces.
We hope you have a roaring good time at the new Australian Museum!
Please note, NSW Health requires the AM to collect your personal information for the purpose of contact tracing to help contain the spread of COVID-19. We may need to share your information with NSW Health if someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 lists the AM as a place they recently visited. Read our privacy statement to find out how your personal information is shared and stored.