Australian Museum Sharks exhibition competition Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter to win a 12-day Kimberley Expedition cruise holiday for two (Promotion), forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Promoter is the Australian Museum Trust (the Promoter) ABN 85 407 224 698 of 1 William Street, Sydney NSW 2010, (+612) 9320 6000.
3) Who can enter - Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants). Directors, management and employees of the Promoter and their partner, Lindblad Expeditions, their related entities, immediate families, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
4) Promotion details are as follows:
|Promotional Period||Open: 6:00 am (AEST), 15 October 2022|
|Close: 8:00 pm (AEDT), 25 April 2023||Close: 8:00 pm (AEDT), 25 April 2023|
|Prize Draw||9:00 am (AEDT), 27 April 2023 at Promoter’s offices|
|Winner announced||The Winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s website and they will be notified via email or phone within 48 hours of the draw|
|Expiry of time to claim Prize||9:00 am (AEDT) 27 June 2023|
|Re-draw||If the Prize remains unclaimed at this time, a redraw will take place at 10:00 am (AEDT) 27 June 2023 and the person drawn from the remaining Valid Entries will be the Winner|
5) How to enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the online entry process set out on the Promoter’s website, at australian.museum/sharkscompetition and correctly answer all the questions. Only correct and completed entries will be valid entries (Valid Entries). Entrants may only enter once. The Promoter reserves the right to remove duplicate entries.
6) The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
7) The total prize pool is A$30,080. There is one prize to be won. The prize is a Main Deck Category 1 cabin for two, consisting of 1 x Lindblad Expeditions A$27,880 voucher for a Kimberley Expedition: Australia’s Wild Northwest trip for two, that can only be redeemed through Lindblad Expeditions for 2023 or 2024 trips and 1 x $2,200 Flight Centre voucher
8) All applicable taxes, levies and surcharges, passports, visa requirements or visa related charges, gift shop and other items of a personal nature incidentals, extensions, gratuities to ship’s crew at Winner’s discretion, excess baggage charges, travel insurance, and all other travel related expenses and ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Winner. Travel to/from the port of embarkation and airports is the responsibility of the Winner unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter and Lindblad Expeditions accept no liability for any loss or claim arising from or as a result of the Prize.
9) The Prize will be awarded in the form of a Lindblad Expeditions voucher which can only be redeemed for 2023 or 2024 trips until 31 December 2024. Lindblad Expedition vouchers are subject to Lindblad Expeditions terms and conditions, available here: https://au.expeditions.com/terms-conditions/. The Prize must be taken as offered, is subject to availability and is non-refundable, non-transferrable and not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. The Prize cannot be resold. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of the Prize. If the Winner does not take an element of their Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value. Where the Prize is unavailable for any reason, Lindblad Expeditions may substitute for that Prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by Lindblad Expeditions, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
10) The Winner is responsible for redeeming the Lindblad Expeditions voucher with Lindblad Expeditions directly. The Winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid vaccinations and travel documentation. First name (as per travel documentation) and date of birth must be supplied to Lindblad Expeditions to complete reservations. Final departure date is subject to availability of Lindblad Expeditions. Confirmation is given 120 days prior to departure, and subject to holiday and other blackout periods as set out in the Lindblad Expeditions terms and conditions.
The Winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the Prize. The Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The Winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation/hotel check in.
11) Prizes will be sent via standard post, courier or email to the address provided by the Winner.
12) The Promoter and Promotional Partners exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the Promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this Promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, Prize claims or Prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any Prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims. The winner takes and uses the Prizes at their own risk.
13) Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to the Prize, or for any consequences of the Winner or their companion not complying with any applicable laws and regulations regarding the use of the Prize.
14) If for any reason this Promotion is cancelled or is not capable of running as planned, due to an intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required.
15) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. The Promoter encourages the Winner to seek independent financial advice to suit their circumstances.
18) Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the Promotion and all entries of an Entrant who are deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
19) The Prize will only be awarded following any Winner validation and verification that the Museum requires in its sole discretion. After the Winner has been validated, the Winner’s details will be published on the australian.museum website.
20) The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
21) If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize to the same value as an original Prize, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
22) As a condition of entering this Promotion, an entrant consents to, in the event they are the Winner, the Promoter using the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Lindblad Expeditions. The entrant agrees that, in the event they are the Winner, the entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
23) By entering the Promotion, unless otherwise advised by the entrant at time of entry, each entrant consents to the information they submit with their entry being entered into a database and the Promoter and/or agent may use this information to contact the entrant with information and updates from the Promoter. The entrant can opt-out from receiving this information at any time.
24) The Promoter’s Website may contain links to other websites (Linked Sites), including Promotional Partner websites. The Promoter is not responsible for the content of any Linked Sites, whether or not the Promoter is affiliated with the Linked Sites. The Promoter does not in any way endorse any Linked Sites and is not responsible for the quality or delivery of any products or services offered, accessed or advertised by such Linked Sites. To the extent that these Linked Sites collect personal information or postings from Entrants, the Promoter shall bear no responsibility or liability for the manner in which such information or postings are used or exploited. The Linked Sites are for Entrants’ convenience only and Entrants agree to access them at their own risk.
25) Any terms prohibited by law shall be void without prejudice to the remaining terms.
26) This Promotion is governed by the laws in New South Wales, Australia. Each entrant unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Authorised under NSW Permit: TP/02169