Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is the Australian Museum Trust of 1 William Street, Sydney NSW 2010. Ph (02) 9320 6000. (ABN 85 407 224 698).
- Information on how to enter this competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is free and open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who complete the entry form (Eligible Entrants). Entrants who provide incomplete, incorrect or misleading information are not Eligible Entrants. In all aspects of this Promotion, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
- By entering the Promotion, each entrant consents to the information they submit (personal information) being entered into the Promoter’s database and used in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement. The Promoter will use your personal information to contact you with marketing material, promotions and other communications about the Promoter and its Promotional Partners. Entrants must satisfy themselves with the collection statements and privacy policies of any Promotional Partners, as the Promoter will not accept any responsibility for the collection, use and handling of personal information by Promotional Partners.
- You may always unsubscribe from the Promoter’s marketing emails by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on the bottom of the email or by managing your preferences on the Promoter’s website. Marketing messages from Promotional Partners will contain their own ‘unsubscribe’ functions and you should contact those companies directly regarding your personal information.
- As a condition of entering this Promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are the winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Promoter and the Promotion (including any outcome). The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are the winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promotion activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition.
- As a condition of participating in a prize, the winner must procure consent from the winner's Guest(s) (if any) for the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in the manner set out in condition 7 and agrees to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the prize as requested by the Promoter and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition.
- It is also a condition that the winner grants the Promoter and Promotional Partners, a licence to copy, use and reproduce any social media content generated by the winner and their guest(s) (if any) which feature the Promotion or the Prizes for the purposes of promoting the Promoter or Promotional Partner in perpetuity without further notification, remuneration or compensation to them.
- Multiple entries are not permitted. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all such entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Directors, management and employees of the Promoter, its related entities, their immediate families, suppliers, providers, agencies and Promotional Partners are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
- Key Promotion dates are set out here:
a) The Promotional Period starts and finishes as set out above.
b) No entries will be accepted after the Promotional Period closes.
c) The winner will be randomly drawn from Eligible Entrants by computer process in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
d) The Prize draw will take place at the Promoter’s premises at the time(s) set out above.
e) The draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
f) The winner will be notified at the time set out above via email and/or phone and their name may be published on the australian.museum website.
13. Winner has until the close of the Winner Claim Period set out above to claim their prize. After that time, unclaimed prizes will be re-drawn from the remaining Eligible Entrants at the time set out above and that new Eligible Entrant drawn will be the new winner.
14. The total prize pool is valued at A$1,000. There is one prize to be won. The prize consists of:
16. The winner will be contacted by the Promoter to provide details on how to redeem the prizes. Prizes can only be claimed during Australian Museum opening hours, and the Australian Museum Exclusive Experience on a date and time agreed by the Promoter.
17. A voucher or Australian Museum Exclusive Experience cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged or promoted as an incentive or reward by any third party as an inducement for any person or other entity to enter into any commercial or other arrangements with that third party. If the prize is obtained through any of these methods, it may not be honoured by the Promoter or Promotional Partner.
18. The Promoter and Promotional Partner exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the Promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this Promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims. The winner, and any guest, takes and uses the Prizes at their own risk.
19. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash, other prizes or other value. Prizes must be redeemed within the validity periods stated in Condition 14. Prizes not redeemed within the validity period are forfeit and the Promoter and Promotional Partner are under no obligation to extend validity periods or offer any alternative prize or value in that event. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from any prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
20. The Promoter and Promotional Partner who supply prizes may suspend or cease participation in the Promotion for any reason beyond their reasonable control, including safety or participation delays caused by disease, epidemic, pandemic. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including because of disease, epidemic, pandemic, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
21. The Promoter’s Website may contain links to other websites (Linked Sites), including Promotional Partner websites. The Promoter is not responsible for the content of any Linked Sites, whether or not the Promoter is affiliated with the Linked Sites. The Promoter does not in any way endorse any Linked Sites and is not responsible for the quality or delivery of any products or services offered, accessed or advertised by such Linked Sites. To the extent that these Linked Sites collect personal information or postings from Entrants, the Promoter shall bear no responsibility or liability for the manner in which such information or postings are used or exploited. The Linked Sites are for Entrants’ convenience only and Entrants agree to access them at their own risk.