Museum in a Box Agreement
By making this booking you agree that:
- In the event of loss from or wilful damage to the box, you will undertake to pay the Australian Museum for the cost of replacement or repair
- You have read and understood the ‘Museum in a Box’ risk assessment
Museum in a Box Covid-19 Requirements
This document provides information and advice about ‘Museum in a Box’ to mitigate the risks of exposure to Covid-19. The Australian Museum has implemented strategies to help ensure that contact will not jeopardise the health, safety and welfare of participants, workers or contractors, in accordance with WHS legislation and Commonwealth/NSW Department of Health advice.
Before you receive your ‘Museum in a Box’, the Australian Museum will:
- Clean the box and all items in the box with disinfectant/alcohol based wipes
- Returned boxes are put aside after the thorough cleaning for a period of quarantine before they are borrowed again
- Ensure that Australian Museum staff who have travelled overseas, been in contact with persons diagnosed with Covid-19 or who demonstrate any Covid-19 symptoms are not permitted to work
On receipt of your ‘Museum in a Box’, we ask that you:
- Clean the exterior of the box with disinfectant/alcohol based wipes before moving it to another location
While using the ‘Museum in a Box’ resources in your location, we ask:
- The set-up of resources be in an area that allows for social distancing of minimum 1.5 metres between participants. Outdoor or ventilated spaces are preferred where practical
- Participants be excluded from using the resources if they have travelled overseas, been in contact with persons diagnosed with Covid-19 or are demonstrating any Covid-19 symptoms
- All participants maintain a high level of personal hygiene by regularly washing hands particularly when entering or leaving rooms or handling resources
- All participants clean hands with hand sanitiser before and after using resources (hand sanitiser has been included with your box loan)
- All participants are reminded about Covid-19 safety requirements including not touching eyes and/mouth during use, sneezing into arm etc.
- Items are wiped with a disinfectant wipe before being used by the next person
Before returning your ‘Museum in a Box’, we ask you to:
- Clean all specimens and resources with disinfectant/alcohol based wipes before packing up the box
- Clean the exterior of the box with disinfectant/alcohol based wipes
For further information in regard to Covid-19 please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Thank you for working with us to keeping everyone safe.