The Australian Museum is Australia’s first Museum. It is entrusted with the responsibility of preserving Australia and the Pacific’s natural and cultural heritage for generations to come. Next Gen provides a chance for people under 40 to play a pivotal role in supporting the Museum’s future.
Next Gen is an exclusive circle of Next Generation philanthropists within the Australian Museum Foundation. The group attracts a vibrant network of like-minded young professionals who gain exclusive access to the Museum, its experts and its collections. The program is a great way to learn more about science, the environment, and Australia and the Pacific’s first cultures.
Next Gen members enjoy a program of specially curated events - including throughout the Museum's public closure - curated by a committee of young benefactors, including events such as:
- A screening of a climate change documentary featuring a panel discussion with the film-maker and climate experts
- Keynote talks by world-expert scientists and curators
- Behind the scenes tours of the Museum’s incredible collections with curators and conservators
- A benefaction trip to the AM's research station on Lizard Island, with a program of exclusive access
- Invitations and bespoke previews of major Museum exhibition openings
- A behind-the-scenes architect-led hardhat tour of our major renovation 'Project Discover'
- The chance to network with like-minded young professionals
Next Gen supporters donate $500 a year, which is fully tax-deductible.* You can join by donating now - we are excited to welcome new members to our Next Gen program!
For more information about the program, please contact Drew Bourgeois on 02 9320 6417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Foundation
*Donations should be made payable to the Australian Museum Foundation (ABN 64 497 967 210). The Foundation is a charitable trust, the purpose of which is to ensure a secure financial base for the Australian Museum and the Museum is its sole legal beneficiary. The Foundation is endorsed as a deductible gift recipient and an Item 2 public ancillary fund under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. Donations may also be made to the Australian Museum Trust (ABN 85 407 224 698) which is also a deductible gift recipient under Items 1 and 4 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. The credit card transaction fee is a percentage of the total donation and is charged as per the credit card merchant fee rate.