1) Information on how to enter the competition (Promotion) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The Promoter is the Australian Museum Trust (the Promoter) ABN 85 407 224 698 of 1 William Street, Sydney NSW 2010, (+612) 9320 6000.
3) The Prize – the prize consists of one t-shirt printed with the winning design and one signed copy of A field guide to the land snails of Lord Howe Island by Isabel Hyman and Frank Koehler. The Winner’s design will be used to produce t-shirts to be worn by members of Team Snail during field work on Lord Howe Island in November 2020. The Prize is valued at A$25.00.
4) It is a condition of entry to this Promotion that the entrants grant the Promoter a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use, copy and reproduce the entrant’s submitted design in any format (including electronic) for the purposes of printing on t-shirts (in the case of the Winner), promoting the Promotion via any format, including online and in any the Promoter’s social media channels, for the general promotional purposes of the Promoter (including fundraising). In the event the Promoter wishes to make commercial use of the designs, the Promoter will contact the entrant or their legal guardians to negotiate a separate agreement for that commercial use. The winning entrant also agrees that their moral rights in the winning entry will not be infringed where the AM applies the words, “Team Snail” to the design or crops the design to fit or otherwise modifies the design to suit the T-shirt placement or the limits of colour printing technology.
5) Entry is only open to residents of Australia of any age (Eligible Entrants). Where entrants are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must accept the Terms of Entry on their behalf. Directors, management and employees of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
6) Promotion commences at 6:00 am on 1 October 2020 (AEDT) and closes at 8:00 pm on 1 November 2020 AEST (Promotional Period). The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges at 9:00 am on 2 November 2020 AEST at the Promoter’s offices (Winner). Chance plays no part in the selection of the Winner. The Winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s website and they will be notified via email or phone within 48 hours of the draw.
7) To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the online entry process set out on the Promoter’s website, at https://australianmuseum.net.au/win which includes uploading a high-resolution copy of the Eligible Entrant’s design. The design should be no more than 21 cm by 21 cm in size, scanned at 600 dpi, and should include a snail; the words ‘Team Snail’ will be added to the winning design before printing. Only completed entries will be valid entries (Valid Entries). Entrants may only enter once. The Promoter reserves the right to remove duplicate entries.
8) The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Prizes will be sent via standard post, courier or email to the address provided by the Winner.
10) The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
11) Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to the Prize, or for any consequences of the Winner or any of their companions not complying with any applicable laws and regulations regarding the use of the Prize.
12) If for any reason this Promotion is cancelled or is not capable of running as planned, due to an intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State Regulation.
13) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. The Promoter encourages the Winner to seek independent financial advice to suit their circumstances.
14) The Promoter and the entrants acknowledge that the entrants are providing their personal information to the AM for the purpose of conducting the Promotion. By entering this promotion, you consent to the storage of your personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding the Promoter’s products including contacting you via electronic messaging.
16) Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the Promotion and all entries of an Entrant who are deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
17) The Prize will only be awarded following any Winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion. After the Winner has been validated, the Winner’s details (consisting of first name and first initial of surname for entrants under the age of 18) will be published on the australian.museum website.
18) The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
19) As a condition of entering this Promotion, an entrant consents to, in the event they are the Winner, the Promoter using the Winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The entrant agrees that, in the event they are the Winner, the entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
20) By entering the Promotion, unless otherwise advised by the entrant at time of entry, each entrant consents to the information they submit with their entry being entered into a database and the Promoter and/or agent may use this information to contact the entrant with information and updates from the Promoter. The entrant can opt-out from receiving this information at any time.
21) No permit required in NSW.